Special Educational Needs
School closure information for children with Special Educational Needs
- All children with an EHCP have been offered a place in school, if you are staying at home then Mrs Maddison and your learning support assistant will be in contact with you throughout the week to check in. Your learning support assistant will also be available to teach you on zoom on a 1:1 basis from home!
- All children that are on the SEND register have been offered 1:1 zoom teaching to work on their ILP targets at home. If you have decided that you would like this extra support then please phone the school and we will add you to our session timetable.
- Parents of children with Special educational needs can contact Mrs Maddison (SENDCO) directly at anytime of the school day either by phone:01922710874 or email: SEND@beacon.walsall.sch.uk
- All children on the SEND register have been given a log in to the Nessy spelling and reading online program - if you have not yet logged on, email Mrs Maddison for the log in information.
- Children that usually receive Speech and language support in school have been offered a zoom session with Mrs Bamford from Chatterbox speech and language to look at ideas to develop speech at home. If you have not had a session yet but would like one please email Mrs Maddison.
- Work that is being sent out to children that are at home is differentiated to meet their needs. If you need are having trouble accessing this online, you can request a work pack to collect from the office from your class teacher.
- You can also find lots of useful hints and tips in the tabs below!
SENDCo - Mrs Ellen Maddison
Phone Number - 01922 710 874
Email - email@example.com
Address - Beacon Primary School, Davis Road, Willenhall, WV12 5HA
Beacon is a very inclusive school that provides the support for all children to thrive and develop as individuals. We take our responsibilities of equality very seriously and work hard to ensure that everybody connected to the school is made to feel welcome and provided with the resources and support to enable them to enjoy and feel fully involved in the Beacon family.
We strive to ensure that our lessons are highly differentiated and adapted so that all of the children with special educational needs are able to access the curriculum at their level and can achieve. We work closely with our teachers, teaching assistants, learning support assistants and external professionals to deliver an inclusive curriculum and to ensure that the correct support is in place for our children.
Our children are given access to a wider curriculum in many different ways including through additional sports clubs and competitions tailored to their needs - such as our own Boccia team, who reached the national finals last year! We also have our own sensory room for the children with additional sensory needs to thrive and feel safe and secure.
We understand that having a child with special educational needs can be challenging and sometimes isolating for parents. To support parents through this journey we host SEND parent afternoons, which gives our parents the opportunity to share, advise and support each other.
We know that for parents, communication and understanding of the individual is key to a successful education and we hope that by working together we can ensure that every child at Beacon Primary School can achieve and be successful.