How to support your child at home
In order to support your child's learning there are a number of things you could do:
- Listen to them read regularly
- Help them learn their times tables
- Support them with homework as this consolidates what we having been learning and informs us whether they understand.
- In your child's homework book you will find year 3/4 and 5/6 statutory spellings these are some of the words that will appear on the spelling test so it is a good idea to keep practising them.
- You will also find a SPaG glossary which explains all the different types of SPaG covered this is useful for completing homework.
- Reading comprehension homework supports them with their final assessments as they become more familiar with the style of question. If you find your child struggles on a particular type of question then please support them with that.
Here is a list of useful websites to support your child.
Whiterose maths - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-6/
Topmarks - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
Times tables Rockstars - https://ttrockstars.com/
Kahoot - https://kahoot.com/