Home School Agreement
Our Mission Statement for our Children
We wish to create a culture of learning, where children are happy, enthusiastic, motivated and ambitious.
We encourage mutual respect, support and collaboration between all adults and children, both within the school and the wider community.
We believe that it is important to provide a secure, caring and stimulating environment for all our children, thereby promoting a sense of pride in our school.
This can be done most effectively when all staff, parents and children understand their responsibilities and work together towards the same goals, as detailed in this Home-School Agreement.
Working in Partnership for Success
The school will:
- Maintain a high standard of education, keeping in line with national government requirements within a well-balanced curriculum.
- Care for each child’s safety and well-being.
- Endeavour to meet the requirements of children whatever their needs to achieve their full potential.
- Ensure that each classroom is a positive and stimulating learning environment.
- Set homework to extend the curriculum work in school.
- Teach children to develop a positive attitude towards everyone regardless of difference in gender, race, culture, belief, values, age, and need.
- Help children to understand their role in the community.
- Communicate effectively and sensitively with parents, i.e.
- Regular meetings to discuss the progress of children, indicating strengths and areas for development through individual targets.
- Provide prompt information about behaviour or class work that may be a cause for concern or celebration.
- Provide clear information about homework tasks.
- Provide short training sessions on supporting children at home in specific curriculum areas.
- Provide opportunities for parents to become involved in school life.
- Provide information to parents about school activities through regular newsletters, open days, meetings and annual report.
- Make available all relevant school policies, for information.
The parents/carers will:
- Make sure that each child arrives at school on time.
- Make sure children wear suitable clothing in line with the school’s code of dress and that the PE/games kit is brought into school each week.
- Support their children with homework tasks and ensure homework is returned within the set time.
- Attend termly consultations with the class teacher.
- Support and work with the school in any behaviour management programmes as outlined in the positive behaviour policy summary.
- Work in partnership with the school to develop positive attitudes towards those from different cultures and races and with different feelings, values and beliefs.
- Let the school know of any concerns that may affect their children’s work or behaviour at school or ability to do homework.
- Read and act upon any information sent home.
- Endeavour to provide a safe, secure and happy environment at home.
- Encourage other opportunities for home learning.
- Support the school in fundraising and other activities.
- Foster a positive attitude towards education and the school and use discretion when discussing issues or grievances in front of children, as these may have a negative effect on their outlook.
The child will:
- Understand that they have rights within the school as set out in our Behaviour Policy. Children have the right:
- To be treated kindly; To be listened to;
- To be helped; Not to be bullied; Not to be lonely;
- To play together and join in games; To be happy;
- To feel wanted; To be safe; To be special.
- Respect others’ culture, race, feelings, beliefs and values.
- Accept responsibility for the things they do. Take responsibility for school and homework and to ask for help and to do their best in all they undertake. Follow the school’s Code of Conduct:
- Be kind and speak politely to everyone in school.
- Take good care of the building, equipment and school grounds.
- Behave in a safe way.
- Be helpful
- Tell a member of staff if they are worried or unhappy.
- Be proud to wear the uniform and belong to Beacon Primary.
- Ensure that they will take home all school letters.
Together we will:
“Light the way to a better future”