Our Mission Statement
We believe that Early Years education should be exciting, stimulating, well organised and fun. At Beacon we strive to ensure that every child receives the very best possible start to their education that they deserve as to us ‘Every child matters’.
Our ethos is centred around developing and nurturing the whole child-their emotional, social and personal development as well as academic success.
We have a vibrant setting where the classrooms are bright and engaging, enabling the children to become active and enthusiastic learners. We also have access to the Reading Forest, Trim Trail, Sensory room, PE hall and outdoor grounds surrounding school. The children are at the centre of everything we do here at Beacon.
We off a 48 place Pre-School – 24 children in the morning session and 24 children in the afternoon session.
Many of our places are funded through ‘Two Year Old Funding’. However, we also offer places that parents/careers can pay for.
- The morning session starts at 8.30 am until 11.30am.
- The afternoon session starts from 12.30pm until 3.30pm.
In our Pre-School there are 6 full time adults -five Level 3 teaching assistant's and one level 3 apprentice.
We have a 65 place Nursery which means children can start from their 3rd birthday.
We offer our children 15 hours of provision which is broken down into 5x3hr sessions (morning or afternoon).
- The morning session starts at 8.45am until 11.45am.
- The afternoon session starts from 12.25pm until 3.25pm.
In our Nursery there are 3 full time adults – our Nursery teacher and two Level 3 teaching assistants.
We have a 60 place Reception with 2 classes of 30 children. Each class has a full-time teaching assistant.
The Reception day starts at 8.45am and finishes at 3.10pm.
Our Learning Environment
In Early Years, our children follow an active curriculum both indoors and outdoors. Our indoor classrooms are bright, stimulating and caring to meet the needs of our youngest children. We are developing our ‘outdoor classrooms’ to ensure the children have access throughout the day – no matter what the weather!
Children in the Foundation Stage follow the ‘Early Years Foundation Stage’ curriculum which covers all 7 areas of a child’s development.
There are 3 Prime Areas of Learning:-
- Personal, Social and Emotional development
- Communication and Language
- Physical development
There are 4 Specific Areas of Learning:-
- Expressive Arts and Design
- Understanding of the World
We observe our children to understand and consider their interests, development and learning- planning for and facilitating the 3 ‘Characteristics of Effective Learning’.
- Playing and exploring - children investigate and experience things, and ‘have a go’;
- Active Learning - children concentrate and keep on trying if they encounter difficulties, and enjoy achievements; and
- Creating and thinking critically - children have and develop their own ideas, make links between ideas, and develop strategies for doing things.
Please see attached links: Policies
Early Years Policy
Early Years Writing development Policy
Early Years Transition Policy
Early Years Phonics Policy
Please see attached links: Useful documents for Parents
- Development Matters
- What to expect when